Making History: Transcribe is made possible in part by federal funding provided through the Library Services and Technology Act program administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.

Petition of John Crosby and Charles Barret, 1728 June 13.

  • http://ingest.virginiamemory.com/ingest/CP/Folder35/14_0284_1007.jpg




    Needs Review
  • http://ingest.virginiamemory.com/ingest/CP/Folder35/14_0284_1007a.jpg




    Needs Review

Abstract

Contains a petition of John Crosby & Charles Barret to Lieutenant Governor William Gooch asking for a patent for 800 acres of land on both sides of the south fork of Little River joining on the lower end to the land of Benjamin Brown and on the upper end to that of Col. Meriwether. According to the petition, this land was entered for Thomas Carr of King William County.